Apurimac Canyon 2 days
The Apurimac River “The God Who Speaks” is one of the best rivers in the world for rafting, because it has favorable conditions for the practice of this sport, such as climate, river begins soft and then find strong encounters, followed by flat water (for security), beautiful sandy beaches for camping, inhospitable and isolated from civilization.
DAY 1: CUSCO – RIO APURIMAC
We leave at 9:00 from Cusco, towards the bridge Huallpachaca (2,000 m) and first acclimatize us after lunch. Our guide will give safety instructions (how to paddle, how to use the equipment, etc.) and we will also have a small rescue practice in the river. After that we will start rafting for 1 hour and about half, then camp on the riverbank.
DAY 2: RIO APURIMAC – RAPIDS
After breakfast we will break down the camp and start rafting rapids, exciting tours stopping only for stews. After lunch continue rafting until late afternoon (4:30 pm), time that we stop to camp.
DAY 3: RIO APURIMAC – CUSCO
After breakfast continue rafting fast rapids, exciting tours with some risk and we must be cautious this last day. After five hours of rafting, we arrive at Quinta Primavera (near the bridge Kunyak), which is where we will end our adventure, have lunch and then start our journey back to Cusco.
Our services include:
- Professional guide english / spanish
- Boating equipment (helmet, paddle, waterproof jacket, life jacket, wetsuit, inflatable boat)
- All meals during the tour
- Double tents
- Airtight bags for personal items of our passengers
- Safety kayak
- Extra boat for loading
- Private transportation round trip
- Photo and video service
- First aid kit
We recommend bringing:
- Sandals (for use in rafting)
- Shorts (to use over the wetsuit)
- Extra socks (to raft and use in sandals, to protect ourselves from mosquito bites)
- Jacket for night
- Repellent mosquito bites
- Sleeping bag, mattress and flashlight (can be rent)
- Water bottle and snacks
- The personal things should be in plastic bags